Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Leap of Faith

So I meant to start this blog when Bryson and I had our official day here in Mound City, Kansas but with the busyness of moving and all that comes with it, it consumed our lives.

For those of you who do not know, Bryson and I moved to Mound City, Kansas so Bryson could pursue his dream of being a Youth Minister and my dream of being a Youth Ministers wife. At first it was hard to think about being in a new place, with new people, and away from what we knew. Family was especially hard to leave behind but we both knew we needed to get out of our comfort zone and put our full trust in what God has planned for our life together. I will be honest, I remember telling Bryson even before we were married that I never and I mean NEVER wanted to live in Kansas. It is flat and boring. At least that was what I perceived ALL Kansas to be like. When Bryson was called for an interview in Kansas I just shook it off because "I" knew it was not a place for me. I needed trees. I needed hills or mountains. But boy, does God really make you eat your own words! He led us to the small town of Mound City which is located in its little own oasis just south of Kansas City. When I drive through this town I can't believe I am in Kansas. There are lots of trees, beautiful views, hidden lakes, hills, and the most amazing people you could ever meet! Bryson and I both have never felt more blessed than we do right now to be here. I have learned to never tell God what and how you want your life to be. Prepared to be surprised, blessed, and overjoyed with the plan he has in store for your life. Now I am not saying this has been the easiest transition for a newlywed couple but has definitely made us mature even greater in the real world and with each other. Submitting to God and putting all your trust in Him isn't the easiest but he called us to do this and we want to do our best to answer that calling. This truly was a leap of faith.

Oh, and meet Buster.
He is our athletic, loving, obedient and all around amazing dog. Without him this move would have been even tougher.

No comments:

Post a Comment