Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Yeehaw Mound City

I can already tell that I am going to be really terrible at keeping this updated and filled with information/stories you are going to want to know!

Last week was the Linn County Fair and Bryson was introduced to the life of a small town pretty quickly.

The first night we went to the demolition derby. Where we got to witness mini vans duking it out! Sadly, there were only two vans in the heat but it still made for an awesome show.



The next night was the tractor pull where we saw tractors on steroids. It was insanely loud, stinky, dusty, completely redneck but so much fun. I'll admit I had a good time.



The last fair event we went to was the rodeo. I will say I was mostly people watching during that time but I did enjoy watching Bryson getting freaked out when a bull ran toward him. Ok, maybe I was a little frightened as well but he doesn't know that.

---

We are on our third week here in Mound City and we have been blessed beyond words by this community and church. It is amazing how compassionate and giving people can be. Everyone is constantly bringing us food, asking if we need tools, or even willing to break in our house and let our dog out for us. There is nothing this church can't do. God is really working within this church and His light shining through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment